A great question to ask yourself: If I am not the best thing my prospects & customers have ever seen then why do they need me?
Fact is, they don’t.
In July of 2016 (right now) your products & services are better than ever. Technology is faster than ever. Quality is top-notch. Engineers are smarter & more talented than ever. Salespeople have to keep up with the herd. Are you?
Gone are the days when you can blame the customer. Trashing the competition is a thing of the past. Pointing fingers at your own company (production, engineering, etc.) will get you nowhere. It’s time to step up & be the best salesperson you can be. If you don’t, someone will. You know your best customers are your competitors #1 prospects, right? What are you doing about it?
You’ve got to be the best. If not, you will get run over!
Let’s identify a dozen ways we can show our prospects & customers we are the best thing they have ever seen:
- STOP waiting for someone else to do your job. Step up & engage.
- START being pro-active & bring solutions to your customers. If your customer is always the one identifying the problem why does she need you?
- STOP making excuses for lack of results. Your manager doesn’t care why. Point the finger right between your eyes.
- START studying your industry. You should be an expert in your business, not just the person who says he is!
- STOP driving by facilities that use your products &/or services. Get out of the car & make things happen.
- START answering your phone after 5:30 PM & on the weekends (your competitors do).
- STOP sitting in the office & waiting for the phone to ring or an email to arrive.
- START getting curious & ask why or why not.
- STOP dishing out quotes & proposals to anyone that asks for one. Qualify those opportunities.
- START being anal-retentive in your follow-up. If you say it, do it with cat-like quickness.
- STOP hoping that you get the deal. Set clear Ground Rules & manage expectations
- START being accountable to yourself & watch how much you grow.
It’s good to be the best. Sure beats the hell out of the alternative.